We're so excited for this week! We have a jam packed week of new things coming out. We're so grateful we're able to continue to create in these strange and troubled times. We hope you are well and safe wherever you are. We miss you and love you very much!
Lessons From Eisenhower
This last week has been heavy. There were a few times we felt like the world was falling apart. There's a lot of anger, resentment, pain and at times a sense of helplessness that have the potential to rob us of our principles: E Pluribus Unum. Though out of many we are one. When a brother falls we focus on picking him up because he is our responsibility. When police fail to uphold their duty we call them out. When privilege or policy is valued more than humanity we strike it down. When our own people are oppressed we lift them out. We listen more. We argue less. Being right is not an excuse to be cruel and the failures of our past do not make us helpless to change the world for the better.
With our Nation's birthday only a few weeks away we are reminded of a leader who's words, although spoken almost 70 years ago seem like they could have been said yesterday. We find encouragement from a man who's responsibility was to lead our nation through one of it's most painful, angry and war torn times. He saw the world with a compassion that only comes from looking evil in it's eyes before severing it's head. If nothing we say can inspire change we hope his still can.
1. "We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it"
2. "A people that values its privileges over its principles soon loses both."
3. "Extremes to the right and to the left in any political dispute are always wrong."
4. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending it's laborers, the genius of it's scientists, the hopes of it's children. This is NOT a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war it is our humanity hanging on a cross of iron."
5. "The search of a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions."
6. "Get it all on record now- get the films- get the witnesses- because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened."
7. "Never waste a minute thinking about people you don't like."
8. "We must never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."
9. "Pessimism never won any battle."
10. "I'd like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think people want peace so much that one of these days the governments better get out of the way and let them have it."
"Pull the string and it will follow wherever you wish. Push it, and it will go nowhere."
Dwight D. Eisenhower
New Single: Maybe I Don't Have To
As musicians we only play a small role in making the world a better place. Through these past few months we've felt depression, anxiety, anger, self pity, the urge to inflict violence and the urge to create. Faced with everything we could possibly do wrong we ask ourselves "But do I have to? Maybe I don't have to. Maybe I can love people. Maybe I can defend people. Maybe I don't have to be afraid of what I know is right. I didn't want to live in a time like this. However, maybe in a small way, my actions can bring us to a better time."
Streaming This Week
We have two livestreams this week on Facebook! We love seeing y'all on there! We'll be live streaming our 7th Episode of "Van Philosophy- Live Vlogcast" tonight 6/10/20 at 8pm/est. We hope you can join us and take a load off. We have a few special announcements we'll go over. We know you're reading the blog right now but take a quick second to click on the image below so you can get a reminder about tonight.
click image to get a reminder
Roshambeaux: A Night of ROmance (naked, stripped down, unplugged)
With the help of our Roshamfam (<-- click to join) group on Facebook we habe decided what style of performance we are doing this Friday! It's gonna be stripped down, naked and unplugged!! Be sure to tune in @ 8pm/est. Sit back, relax, get in the chat and let's have an awesome night together!
click image to donate
Patreon Launches Today!
If you've been following this Blog or Vlogcasts for the past few weeks you've heard us mention we've been working on a way to get extra exclusive content available for you guys. HERE IT IS!!! We are officially announcing our Patreon monthly subscription service! This is a way you can help support us and a way we can give it right back to you. Please consider joining us over there if you find even a little value in what we do. Weve set up 4 tiers starting as low as $1. Check em out!
$1- The In Crowd
Access to our to our exclusive Patreon feed, monthly shoutouts, early access to releases, merch, tour info & a free copy of our latest single upon release.
(Latest Single: "Maybe I Don't Have To")
$5- The High Fiver
High fives are free but for this one we'll send you our latest secret cover video (not available anywhere else) every month. We'll take suggestions from all our High Fivers on what songs to do next!
(Includes "The In Crowd" Perks)
$20- The Back Stage Pass
Step in to our studio every week for an exclusive live behind the scenes look at what we're working on whether its recording guitar tracks, songwriting, graphic design or video shoots.
(Includes "The In Crowd" & "High Fiver" Perks)
$50- Monthly Video Call
We're REALLY excited about this one! We want to do something extra special for you! In today's world it's so hard to get real time, intimate, face-to-face interaction, especially with artists. So, for your support we'd like to offer you a face-to-face performance that's special just for you every month. We'll give you a call, chat and sing you a song just between us. We can't wait to see your face!
click image to join our Patreon
Special Thanks To:
Valerie B, Rebekah, F, Gabe B, Cheryl H, Nancy B & Pam K
We truly couldn't do this without you!